2022 FOOD AND WINE CLASSIC IN ASPEN
350 E Durant Avenue - CO 81611
United States Of AmericaHow to get there
Jun 17 2022 00:00 h - Jun 19 2022 00:00 h
Foods & Wines from Spain and #Alimentos de España Tent at the Aspen Classic
Get ready for the biggest culinary event of the year! Foods and Wines from Spain and #alimentosdespaña will present the region’s premium products and innovative cuisine at this year’s Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. From Friday (6/17) to Sunday (6/19) guests will have access to the official Spain Tent that will showcase the high-quality products the region offers through wine and food samples, live cooking demonstrations and seminars.
The extensive list of wines from Spain’s Designations of Origin will be presented by over 20 exhibitors at several grand tastings throughout the weekend. You will find the list of producers/wineries that will be in attendance in the Exhibitor box.
And what would wine be without food pairings? To accompany the wines, there will be a continuous sampling of traditional Spanish bites made by Katie Button, one of Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs of 2015 and the owner of Cúrate Bar de Tapas and La Bodega by Cúrate (Asheville, North Carolina). Guests will be able to explore traditional cuisine through dishes such as Banderillas (a type of pickle stick), Gazpacho and other delicious tapas.
We'll welcome attendees to Spain with an experience that includes tapas, gazpacho, and a fresh chef-demonstrated dish. The food will be served out of a staged pantry environment including beautiful Spanish imported goods provided by approved in-kind sponsors. Dishes will vary day to day, and include: chorizo a la sidra, banderillas (a type of pickle stick), Gazpacho and other delicious tapas.
Check out the complete Aspen FWFS schedule:
Thursday, June 16
- 11:30am: ACRA (Aspen Chamber Resort Association) Luncheon. Presented by one of Food & Wine talents | Jerome Hotel.
Friday, June 17
- 10:00am – 11:00am: Seminar 105: Vino y Jamón: Great Spanish Wines & Ham.
- 11:00am – 11:30am: Private Trade Grand Tasting - Grand Tasting Pavilion.
(Restaurant Trade, F&W and Press Only).
- 11:30am – 1:30pm: Grand Tasting #1 - Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
- 4:30pm – 6:30pm: Grand Tasting #2 - Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
Saturday, June 18
- 10:00am – 11:00am: Seminar 305: Vino y Jamón Great Spanish Wines & Ham.
Presented by Sabato Sagaria | St. Regis 2.
- 11:00am – 11:30am: Private Trade Grand Tasting #2 - Grand Tasting Pavilion (Restaurant Trade, F&W and Press Only).
- 11:30am – 1:30pm: Grand Tasting #3 - Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Seminar 404: FWFS Presents “Add Flavor the Spanish Way, Everyday” - Presented by Chef Katie Button | Jerome Hotel.
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Seminar 407: Unlocking the Secrets of Spanish Wine.
- 4:30pm – 6:30pm: Grand Tasting #4 -Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
Sunday, June 19
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm: Private Trade Grand Tasting #2 - Grand Tasting Pavilion (Restaurant Trade, F&W and Press Only).
- 12:30pm – 2:30pm: Grand Tasting #5 - Grand Tasting Pavilion (General Admission).
For a deeper dive, Foods & Wines from Spain and #alimentosdespaña will sponsor “Add Flavor the Spanish Way, Everyday” seminar on Saturday at 3:00 PM, led by Cúrate Bar de Tapas and La Bodega’s dynamic duo Chef Katie and Felix Meana.
Chef Katie will share the many ways to elevate any dish with iconic ingredients from Spain via a live cooking show, where she will prepare a menu featuring imported ingredients from Spain such as Ibérico Ham, piquillo peppers, anchovies, ñora peppers and Marcona almonds. Felix will recommend his ideal Spanish wine pairings for each dish Chef Button creates.
See below for the complete FWFS schedule. We hope to see you there, but if you can’t make it be sure to follow us on:
405 Lexington Avenue 47th Floor, New York, NY 10174
00 (1) (212) 6614959